Actively looking to hire
Outdoor Gear Sewist
allmansright is an independent outdoor gear company located in the South Bronx, NY. We specialize in ultralight outdoor gear, making thoughtfully designed products to help people explore our planet, while supporting more diverse and equitable access to the outdoors.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate Sewist to join our team. This is a contract, on-site role located in the Mott Haven area of the Bronx. As a Sewist, you will play a crucial role in the production of our ultralight outdoor gear. The ideal candidate should be proficient in sewing techniques, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about design and outdoor pursuits.
- Seamlessly execute the sewing and assembly of ultralight outdoor gear following provided patterns and instructions.
- Ensure the quality and precision of each product, maintaining high standards in all finished items.
- Collaborate with designers to provide input on product improvements and modifications.
- Contribute to a productive and efficient workflow, meeting production deadlines and targets.
- Demonstrated experience in sewing, preferably in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in using industrial sewing machines and equipment, preferably with heavy technical fabrics.
- Experience working with precise patterns, measurements, and specifications.
- Strong attention to detail and quality craftsmanship.
- Flexibility to work on the different projects assigned, ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Passion for design and the outdoors, with an understanding of outdoor gear functionality is a plus.
- Able to work on-site.
- English or Spanish speaking.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, locally rooted brand with a strong commitment to quality and sustainability.
- Collaborative and creative work environment that values input and innovation.
- Flexible part-time schedule.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and productivity.
How to Apply:
If you are a highly motivated Sewist with a passion for design and the outdoors, we'd love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, portfolio (if available), and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you're excited about joining our team to email@example.com.